[time-nuts] Can Lady Heather set PC time directly from aTrimbleThunderbolt?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Aug 4 12:18:12 EDT 2017

Thanks  to  everyone  for the replies, so basically would you say that
with  a permanent internet connection I should forget using GPS time to
set  the  PC  clock  and  just use Meinberg or NTP (which is what I am
currently using and seems to work just fine)?

       Best Regards,
                   Chris Wilson.

Chris,

That would be fine, but if you are interested make yourself a stratum-1
server based on, for example, a Raspberry Pi card.  Then if the Internet
/does/ go down, you'll still keep time.

BTW: you refer to "GPS time".  Not my area of expertise, but GPS time and
UTC aren't the same - GPS time doesn't use leap-seconds, for example, so
it's many seconds off from NTP.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu