[time-nuts] Fwd: [hpsdr] SDR experiment for the solar eclipse

iovane at inwind.it iovane at inwind.it
Fri Aug 4 18:59:31 EDT 2017

there is no reason for an eclipse to affect time. However, working on the 1999 data made available by the German group, I had found a periodicity in the noise in one of the time series. In particular, a pattern (a peak) was repeated every 35 minutes, which was the periodicity recorded by a gravimeter in Trieste (Italy)
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/iovane/xtrieste.htm
I discarded those data because they didn't match in time the Trieste's disturbances.
I suspect that an eclipse-related cause might affect in some way the atomic clock circuitry (or even magnetic shielding) with a (weak)  possibility of causing artifacts.

Keep an open eye.

i8iov