[time-nuts] And another Thunderbolt question

Vlad time at patoka.org
Tue Aug 8 19:38:41 EDT 2017

I solved an issue connecting TBolt directly to the PCIe Serial Card.
Previously I was using DigiKey PortServer device. Strange that it was
working OK for long period of time.
May be some recent MS update did something for the driver. Will
investigate it later.

Now I could see the sat. information on LH screen. As well there is no
"empty screen" any more ! Thanks everyone for support !

Regarding the date/time - personally I am using "chronyd" with 1PPS
interface via RS232. This setup works perfectly fine for my lab.

210 Number of sources = 5
                              .- Number of sample points in measurement
set.
                             /    .- Number of residual runs with same
sign.
                            |    /    .- Length of measurement set
(time).
                            |   |    /      .- Est. clock freq error
(ppm).
                            |   |   |      /           .- Est. error in
freq.
                            |   |   |     |           /         .- Est.
offset.
                            |   |   |     |          |          |   On
the -.
                            |   |   |     |          |          |
samples. \
                            |   |   |     |          |          |

Name/IP Address            NP  NR  Span  Frequency  Freq Skew  Offset
Std Dev
PPS0                        6   3    81     -0.000      0.029     -2ns
208ns
ntp2.torix.ca              13   9  224m     +0.097      0.285  -1578us
1085us
ntp3.torix.ca              20   9  327m     +0.219      0.142  -1167us
951us
time.allover.co.za          6   5   85m     -0.368      2.634  +1947us
1074us
206.108.0.134               6   5  102m     -0.149      0.735  -3899us
422us

--
WBW,

V.P.