[time-nuts] Special connector for Symmetricom X72 rubidium standard

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Thu Aug 17 15:05:47 EDT 2017

Chris,

One source of that connector is an HP C8231A cable for a Deskjet 450.
It's used to connect the printer to a DB-25 parallel port. The connector
fits the X72, but there are only 25 leads in the cable.  I haven't tried
to use it so I don't know if the missing lead is important or not.  The
cable isn't molded so it might just be possible to add the extra wire. I
opened it up, but I can't tell.  It looks like it's an IDC connector.
The connector is stamped with the manufacturer's logo of 'JST' (
www.jst.com ).  No part number, though.  I looked at the web site, but
didn't see anything close.

Ed