[time-nuts] Special connector for Symmetricom X72 rubidium standard

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Aug 20 20:20:56 EDT 2017

On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 16:22:18 +0000
Mark Sims <holrum at hotmail.com> wrote:

> It can also be used with the SA22.c once a board that breaks out the SA22
> connector pinouts to a 34 pin cable (8 pins are for the SA22.c +5V power/
> gnd) is built. Note the TO-220 LM7805 voltage regulator...  Symmeticom does
> not deign to tell use mere peons how much current that needs.  That
> regulator may need to be a switcher or need a heat sink.

Isn't this the "max warm up power" in the "X71 Design Absolute Maximum Rating"
table in the designer's refernence manual? Or am I missing something?
It states that the X72 uses 17W max 10W for 25°C ambient. Which sounds
about as much as I expect for an vapor cell standard. Though 3A on 5V
(or 2A @25°C) is a bit tough.

				Attila Kinali
--
You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common.
They don't alters their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to