[time-nuts] TrueTime XL-AK Questions

Richard Solomon w1ksz at outlook.com
Fri Aug 25 18:13:44 EDT 2017

I was given two of these about 20 some years ago. At that time they both worked

fine, except the "keep-alive" batteries were quite low. But they did lock up to the

GPS Satellites.

I pulled one out today to try out (slow day !!) but I had this nagging feeling that

they required a different antenna than the run of the mill GPSDO. I have one of

the e-Bay "hockey puck" antennas hooked up to it and the status window says

..."looking for satellites"... .

Do the TrueTimes require something special in an antenna ?

Thanks, Dick, W1KSZ