[time-nuts] accurate 60 hz reference chips/ckts

Dave M dgminala at mediacombb.net
Thu Dec 14 14:07:13 EST 2017

National Semi used to make a chip (MM5369) that was designed specifically
for that task, but it's long out of production.  I don't know of any
off-the -shelf 60Hz generators, but it's pretty easy to build one.
Here are a couple of web pages that will generate a 60Hz crystal controlled
signal.
http://electronicsmaker.com/em/admin/pdf/circuit_idea/60Hz%20CRYSTAL%20CONTROLLED%20TIME%20BASE.pdf
http://www.electronicecircuits.com/electronic-circuits/50hz-60hz-frequency-generator-circuit-using-crystal-oscillator

Accuracy of the generated 60Hz will depend, of course, upon the tempco of
the crystal, the complete oscillator circuit itself, and on the accuracy to
which you adjust the oscillator's frequency.

Cheers,
Dave M