[time-nuts] Recently acquired 53132A

ew ewkehren at aol.com
Wed Dec 20 16:49:51 EST 2017

Thank you Tom.
 Very informative, sadly no simple answer to overcome the shortcoming. After move, downsizing and age I imposed on my self a buy stop that I keep braking. I did buy this year two 53132A's mainly because of the RS232 interface. Before I had excellent results with a combination Tracor 527 E and the HP 5345. I remember I paid a fortune but it still works and I use the 40 GHz head. I did discover the Tbolt jumps and the FE 5680 jumps with that setup. Years ago Richard MCC programmed for me what we call the Austron counter using one PIC and a board pulled from an Austron unit that generates a 1 MHz with a 100 Hz offst. Austron uses a D F/F for mixing. We have revisited that circuit over the years at least 10 times and now  have a counter for 5 and 10 MHz with a resolution of 1 E -12 at 0.1 sec all the way up to 1 E-15 at 100 seconds using a single analog mixer. We discard the last decimal. Goal to replace the Tracor 527 E and fan noise of the HP 53132. If any one is interested please contact me off list
Bert Kehren