[time-nuts] question about HP 5601a harmonic generator

Kejia Lee kjlee007 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 06:54:53 EST 2017

Dear All,

Happy Christmas!

May I know if anyone knows the part number or the specification of the step
recovery diode in the harmonic
generator for the old HP 5601A cesium frequency standard?

I recently received this toy. The cesium tube seems to be OK, and I had
located the problem being
no 9GHz from the waveguide. I checked the diode, the DC properties seems to
be OK, but just
can not generate frequency comb any more. I really hope I can repair it as
a personal new-year gift.

I will be really appreciated, if you had any suggestions.

Best regards,

K.