[time-nuts] Vintage Frequency Measurement

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 05:19:48 EST 2017

Back in the early sixties I worked in a lab adjusting filters for line transmission.
We had numerous oscillators, built to be boat anchors, and CROs set up for X-Y display.
The lab had 100hz, 1kHz, 10kHz standards wired in.
We were expert at recognising lisajou figures. We might have several oscillators running together,
and we could establish almost any frequency with precision.
Calibting an oscillator would not have been difficult.

Cheers, Neville Michie