[time-nuts] FE-5650A option 58 tuning word for 10 MHz output

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Jan 2 06:18:43 EST 2017

Hoi Mathias!

Wie goht's wie stoht's? :-)

On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 15:33:53 +0100
Mathias Weyland <mathias at weyland.ch> wrote:

> I'm new to this list. I got myself a FE-5650A Rubidium Standard off of
> ebay.
> It's the "option 58" 1 pps output variant, hence I have to modify the
> tuning
> word used in the DDS phase accumulator to get 10 MHz out.

May I ask what you want to achieve? Resp. what you need a 10MHz reference for?

In general I would agree with Bill Houlne's comment that it's probably
easier to use a different reference that already has a 10MHz output.
Also keep in mind, that an output that has been designed as an PPS output
might not work as well as an output for 10MHz.

> On a slightly related note, I have cooked up a small PCB with a local 5V
> regulator and status LEDs that mates with the amphenol connector used on this
> standard. I have to complete the write-up on it and will probably put up a
> video about the mod on my youtube channel; once this is done I'll be sitting on
> 9 spare boards since I got 10 boards done. If there is interest, I could send
> off the spares without profit, i.e. for about 5 bucks or so. I imagine this
> could be of use to those who have the same standard. The board doesn't do
> anything funky, it is just neat. In any case I'd like to ask if it would be OK
> to formally place this offer on the list once I got everything ready.

I am not master of desaster on this list, but it's usually ok to offer
this kind of stuff, as long as it is time-nut related.

Gruess und guets neus!

			Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.