[time-nuts] No sat positions in LH with Trimble NTBW50AA? SOLVED!

Peter Reilley preilley_454 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 6 21:02:04 EST 2017

Originally I set the BAUD rate to 19200 with 7 bits and ODD parity
because that
is what the manual said.   I confirmed these settings using an
oscilloscope.   With
that, LH mostly worked.

After some of the suggestions here I tried this;
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Heather\heather.exe" /3 /br=9600:8::1 /rxt /gb
/tz=-5EST/-4DST /vx
This worked perfectly.

It is the BAUD rate that threw me.   I have a lot of experience with
ASYNC going back to the days
of the ASR33 and ASR35.   I know that some systems were auto-BAUD but
the manual does not
mention that, I assumed that it was fixed at 19200 which actually did work.

One curious thing that I noticed; previously the clocks differed by
about 18 seconds between my Resolution T
and my NTBW50AA.   The NTBW50AA agreed with my Win10 machine setup as
Microsoft installed it.
With the NTBW50AA in Thunderbolt mode, the Res T and the NTBW50AA both
agree.   Now, only Win10 is
out by about 18 seconds.

Anyway, thanks for all the help,
Pete.