[time-nuts] Survey plot as art.

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Jan 8 23:41:25 EST 2017

gem at rellim.com said:
>> The Adafruit receiver outputs NMEA format data.  The lat/lon values
>> are sent as dddmm.mm format (ddd=degrees, mm.mm=minutes)  This
>> restricts the resolution of the values.

> Yes, easy to see the quantization in the Adafruit plot.

Something doesn't look quite right.  If the problem was as simple as reduced
lat/lon resolution, I'd expect the output to be on a grid.  Instead, what I
see is more like a grid that was also missing 1 out of N slots.  Where is
that coming from?  How do I predict N?

I expect it's something like roundoff after the conversion from mm.mm to
meters, or something like that.

Just to make sure we are on the same wavelength, this is the graph I'm
looking at.

https://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/attachments/20170108/051ba89d/attachm
ent-0003.png

--