[time-nuts] wifi with time sync

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Jan 14 11:35:39 EST 2017

Hi

We have a double issue here:

1) It’s a problem because “not enough information was given"

2) It’s a problem because “we are talking about it to much”

Sorry, but there is absolutely no way at all both of those criteria can
be met by me.

I do believe that WiFi time protocols are an on topic item for TimeNuts.
Given our ability to wander off topic for weeks on some subjects, it is
a bit unclear just where those bounds actually are.

I also believe that ping data is one way to come up with an upper bound on
just how awful WiFi timing can be.  If others have a similar single shot measure
of WiFi round trip that can be run on a wide range of devices, I’d certainly be just
as interested in that.

Bob

> On Jan 14, 2017, at 10:53 AM, John Hawkinson <jhawk at MIT.EDU> wrote:
>
> This has nothing to do with time-nuts, can it stop please?
>
> [ I don't know what forum to send you to for "weird wifi problems"; there
> is probably no good one, because it is a very common consumer problem :( ]
>
> NTP was mentioned because you (Bob Camp) had not defined the problem
> very well, and asked some questions that it can solve. It will not

<snip just like the others per requests to do so to reduce bandwidth>