[time-nuts] Fluke/Pendulum Counters - Rubidium Timebase

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Tue Jan 17 11:13:26 EST 2017

Magnus,
Thanks for the info and please pass my thanks on to Stefan.

Yes, I usually do use an external timebase for the PM6681. I need to do
some troubleshooting on the  unit and thought I'd do a timebase upgrade
while I was in there.  I want to make some measurements that are
independent of my house standard (an Efratom FRK).

I haven't quite decided whether the upgrade will be an OCXO or a Rb.  I
have both LPRO and X72 Rb units sitting on the shelf so the cost will be
minimal.  If I go with a Rb, I'll just find a small power supply that
will fit rather than looking for the distribution board.  There appears
to be enough info in the service manual that figuring out the
connections shouldn't be a problem.

Ed