[time-nuts] Thermal effects on cables

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Jan 23 05:18:22 EST 2017

On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 07:52:18 +0100
Ole Petter Ronningen <opronningen at gmail.com> wrote:

> The question of phase shifts in cables pops up every now and then on this
> list - I stumbled across a good table of measured phase shifts with
> temperature in different cable types in this paper:
> http://www.ira.inaf.it/eratec/gothenburg/presentations/ERATEC_2014_PresentationWSchaefer.pdf
> that I though would be of interest to others.

I would like to add here a couple of more references:

"Phaste stability of typical navy radio frequency coaxial cables",
by Rodriguez, 1965

"Current Innovations In Phase Stable Coaxial Cable Design"
by Times Microwave Systems

"Understanding Phase versus Temperature Behavior - The Teflon Knee",
by Micro Coax

"Temperature Stability of Coaxial Cables",
by Czuba and Sikora, 2011

"Phase stable RF-cable for space applications"
by Karstensen et al. 2013
Poster: https://www.ethz.ch/content/dam/ethz/special-interest/mavt/design-materials-fabrication/composite-materials-dam/Research/Posters/067.pdf
Paper: https://escies.org/download/webDocumentFile?id=60894

			Attila Kinali