[time-nuts] distribution amp question + hp 59309A

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Jan 28 16:28:12 EST 2017

Hi

The gotcha with transformer coupled coax is keeping it terminated over a wide range of frequencies. If the coax is miss terminated
and the end of the cable is floating, you have a pretty good opportunity for noise to get into the system. Floating shields are also a
pretty good way to get crosstalk. In many situations, isolation between outputs is a pretty big deal.

Bob