[time-nuts] TAPR kit- Success!!!!!

Art Sepin art at synergy-gps.com
Thu Jul 6 20:34:30 EDT 2017

Group,

I reviewed the TAPR GPS Kit documentation and realized that nowhere did it say: "If the TxD  indicator does not flash, it means the M12+ is waiting for a command from the host computer." That sentence is now included in the revised GPS Kit document and will be available tomorrow on this page:
http://www.synergy-gps.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=54&Itemid=73

Here is the revised paragraph in full:
TxD— The TxD LED will momentarily flash RED whenever the GPS Kit is sending GPS data to the host. If the TxD
 indicator does not flash, it means the M12+ is waiting for a command from the host computer. After the internal RAM backup battery is fully charged (24 hours of continuous operation) the SynPaQ/E will remember the receiver’s setup through a power cycle – e.g. user selected output messages, message output rate, antenna mask angle, etc.

The RxD indicator only flashes when setup commands are received from the host device. Once the GPS Kit is set up, the RxD doesn't flash unless a new command is received.

Synergy's SynTAC test and diagnostic software automatically initializes the M12+ included in the GPS Kit. After this setup is complete, the TxD indicator will flash at once per second:
http://www.synergy-gps.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=185&Itemid=196
 It's not necessary to purchase SynTAC to accomplish automatic initialization of the GPS Kit since it is fully functional through a 30 day sample period.

Apologies for any inconvenience!
Art Sepin