[time-nuts] Papers on timing for lunar laser ranging

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Wed Jul 12 15:27:38 EDT 2017

2 items:

1) I ran across another link related to lunar timing. Last year Carroll Alley died (89). To me he's famous for his cesium and H-maser relativity experimence in the 1970's. But he was also the PI for the Apollo Lunar Laser Ranging Retroreflector experiments. More info here:

2) That second link above has some wonderful photos.

Spot the Austron 1250A, Sulzer 2.5, and GenRad(?) quartz frequency standards. Anyone recognize more gear?