[time-nuts] unknown GPSDO

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 11:39:24 EDT 2017

The original Brooks Shera unit was 20 years ago and is pretty well
documented in QST and his website. In the original the loop filter
timeconstant was set by jumpers or DIPswitches. And I think the EFC gain
factor was set somewhere else (DIPswitch? Resistor network? Both?)

Shera's webpage documents some improvements and changes up through 2001 but
there have been an incredible number of variations out there in the wild as
folks move parameters that used to be set in hardware/DIPswitches to
firmware with LCD config screens etc. I think the OP's unit shows a decade
or more of evolution past what Shera documents.

Is there a "Brooks Shera GPS family tree" out there showing recent
evolution of the design?

Tim N3QE