[time-nuts] Local System Time Sync
Lee - N2LEE
lee at n2lee.com
Tue Jul 25 22:45:19 EDT 2017
I have what I believe is a simply question. Especially for this illustrious brain trust. :)
How can I force Lady Heather to time sync the local computer system it is interfaced to ?
Isn’t this what the /ts[odhm] command accomplished or I am misunderstanding ?
- Thunderbolt is interfaced to a Mac laptop running LH5
- Connection is USB to Serial cable (might be the issue because of no PPS)
- Turn off Internet NTP sync on laptop
- Purposely set laptop time 15 seconds ahead
- Enter / then after the dash(-) I enter tsm to sync system time every minute.
I thought this would force the system to sync ever minute with Thunderbolt time.
But it doesn’t it. It never corrects the laptop time, it is always wrong.
What am I missing here ?
More information about the time-nuts