[time-nuts] poor-man's oven

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sun Jun 4 08:41:53 EDT 2017

We did this years ago on a 430 MHz data radio with an utterly uncompensated crystal that would drift through the passband.  After building our own for a while, we discovered that Yaesu had something even better available through their replacement parts shop -- a spring clip with PTC that snapped tightly over the crystal case.  I never did any formal measurements, but it did improve stability quite a bit for radios that were sitting in uncontrolled environments.

John