[time-nuts] Poor man's oven

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Jun 6 06:48:14 EDT 2017

Hi

For a while, a couple of outfits made TO-5 and TO-8 “cap heaters” with
PTC material. There are still a few obscure places that people do the same
sort of thing with a mini-pcb based design. In an OCXO design, the gotcha
is matching the PTC oven temperature to the crystal turn. You can do that if you
have a substantial inventory of material and custom fab the oven after the crystal
is bult.

Bob