[time-nuts] Poor man's oven

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 19:10:12 EDT 2017

> There are more sophisticated control loop designs that can handle this
> better, eg by using two temperature sensors, one at the crystal and
> one at the heater. But designing them correctly is more difficult
> than the normal PID loop.

Keeping with the thread topic, I think this is the key.    For the cost of
only one more cheap sensor you gain a lot.   Harder design as you say but
getting help on-line seems to be free.

I have gotten PID to work myself with linear systems (motor speed) and I
reading up on Kalman Filters as I need them for navigation using multiple
sensors.

I guess one could use the crystal frequency as a measure of its temperature
to tune the system.  Is there a name to Google to read up on using two
sensors and a pid-like algorithm?
--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California