[time-nuts] MCXO and dual mode

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Jun 7 01:04:45 EDT 2017

kb8tq at n1k.org said:
> Let’s say both modes are running into a 32 pf load and it is a single
> capacitor.

I'm missing the big picture.

Can I run both modes at the same time?  Or do I switch between them?

> The beat frequency shifts since the two modes do not tune identically.

That sounds like they are running at the same time.

What does the output look like?  I'd expect beats so the signal would drop
out for many cycles if I looked at the right place in time.  Is that sort of
signal good for anything other than being a thermometer?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.