[time-nuts] Hints on PPS Buffer design...

Graham / KE9H ke9h.graham at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 08:43:26 EDT 2017

Read the spec sheet on the part you are using for a driver.
The size of the resistor on the paralleled driver side will be set by the
maximum current of the devices.

Decide how conservative a design you want.
Do you want it to drive into a shorted load and survive?
[If each output is rated at 20 mA, in a 5 Volt system, then R=E/I, = 250
Ohms]

Or do you only want it to work into a 50 Ohm load (to ground)?

Or perhaps only a Thevenin load? 50 Ohm load, but 100 Ohms up to +V, and
100 Ohms to ground.

Remember that 50 Ohms in a 5 Volt system will draw 100 mA on the 'High'
which can be a lot of current
for a modern IC.

--- Graham

==