[time-nuts] TBolt help...

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Jun 19 16:41:34 EDT 2017

Hi

First thing to check is the solder joints on the 9 pin connector. They have been a
bit of a problem on other TBolts. After that, check the voltage on the data out (TX)
pin. It should be negative by at least 3V and more likely 5V. If it’s not, check your
negative supply into the unit and the RS-232 driver. If the TX looks ok, go straight
to the RX side of the RS-232 driver. If the RX signal shows up there (plug and un-plug
your data cable) see if it goes over to the output pin of the device.

Lots of fun ...

Bob