[time-nuts] CRT for Tracor 527A

Clint Jay cjaysharp at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 18:06:22 EDT 2017

A little extra heater voltage and allowing the tube to 'cook' a while can
help as can a CRT rejuvenator but the cathode is usually tiny on a mono
tube and  from experience with television repairs back in the dawn of my
career, they very rarely last any length of time after rejuvenation before
emission dies off again.

YMMV, a NOS tube may respond better and if you've gone from nothing to
something it may be worth taking the gamble, especially if the tube you're
replacing is badly burned in.