[time-nuts] Power connectors continued

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Thu Jun 22 19:40:20 EDT 2017

I hear what you are saying and basically agree with you.
  In my experience however phrases such as "25 pair amphenol connector" and "2 pin Deutsch connector" have a commonly accepted meaning in the industries I have worked in over the years.   Putting these terms into Google brings up the items I expect to see which is admittedly a fairly subjective criteria.   I agree however there are more precise designations and that in many circumstances they should be used.  Sorry I don't remember what they were / are and rarely needed to use them in practice.  I'm more or less retired and what ever memories I had of specific connector part numbers beyond the standard terms used in the industries I have worked in have largely faded.

As this is a hobby for me I'm disinclined to look up specific part numbers but can appreciate that others may wish to do so and welcome the additional detail.

I believe there is some benefit to further discussions along these lines (perhaps though there should be a connector nuts list.)

From a time nuts perspective I expect there could be healthy discussion to be had about the relative merits of BNC vs SMA connectors for example.

The issue of power connectors with locking devices is also in my view quite relevant to time nuts.   The dialogue vis a vis power pole connectors has also been one of the best I have ever seen on the Internet.

Thanks all

Mark Spencer

mark at alignedsolutions.com