[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Rollover Testing

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 5 19:38:35 EST 2017

Does it have a saved/surveyed position?  With a saved position you can reasonable time performance with 1 sat.   Without a saved position all bets are off,  there is no way for the receiver to determine the receiver/satellite clock difference.

Trimble reports that the device is in "over-determined clock" mode if that is how it is configured.  Even if it is in "over-determined clock" mode the receiver may not have enough data to do anything effective.   Trimble's overdetermined clock mode is basically a "position hold" mode.