[time-nuts] Time Dilation tinkering

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 22 10:52:38 EDT 2017

On 3/22/17 12:04 AM, Michael Wouters wrote:
> Dear Chris,
>
> I believe IATA prohibits the carriage of any quantity of rubidium on
> passenger aircraft.
> You have to complete a "Dangerous Goods Declaration" and it then has
> to go by cargo aircraft.

I imagine there's a "de minimis" quantity.  We didn't declare the cesium
in the CSAC that we hand carried, and I'm pretty sure people have hand
carried SRS Rb sources.

off of the MSDS from Symmetricom/Microsemi

"All Symmetricom’s rubidium product can be shipped both domestically and
internationally as a non-hazardous product. Symmetricom has received
letters of interpretation from both the United States Department of
Transportation (US DOT)Ref. No. 08-0154 and the International Air
Transport Association(IATA) stating that Symmetricom’s rubidium product
are not considered a hazardous Class 4 material in transportation.