[time-nuts] WTB: GPSDO

Nick Sayer nsayer at kfu.com
Wed Mar 22 16:52:04 EDT 2017

> On Mar 22, 2017, at 12:40 AM, Thomas Petig <thomas at petig.eu> wrote:
>

> The special GNSS splitters forward DC only from one port and provide
> some 200 Ohm DC termination together with the DC-block on the other
> ports to keep the receiver happy, i.e., it seems current consumption and
> therefore believes the antenna is ok. Some have an amplifier to
> compensate for the loss of the splitter, but it is not necessary if the
> antenna delivers enough.

Just a little side query… For those using one of these sorts of splitters with a Thunderbolt, have you seen anything odd?

My thunderbolt *insists* on being on the DC Pass port. If you put it on a DC Block port (yes, something *else* is on the DC pass port and supplying DC for the antenna and splitter at the time - other connected devices work just fine) it’s deaf. I’ve worked around it by giving the pass port to the TBolt and running everything else on a block port, so it’s not a deal-breaker or anything, but it’s a bit awkward and otherwise unexplainable.