[time-nuts] Using 5335 frequency counter for timing

Jerry Hancock jerry at hanler.com
Sun May 7 20:52:04 EDT 2017

I was showing my son how we could measure the difference in cable lengths by using the velocity of light and cable velocity factor.  I used a scope to measure the offset and was then thinking the 5335 could do it more accurately, but I was wrong, as it only reports to the nanosecond.  I thought I had seen somewhere where people were getting higher resolution using software along with the 5335, no?

Thanks