[time-nuts] Using 5335 frequency counter for timing

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun May 7 23:11:58 EDT 2017

kb8tq at n1k.org said:
> None of them will do as well as a really fast scope.

How accurate is the clock in a scope?  Do the high end scopes have an
external clock input?

I remember playing with a scope many years ago.  Trigger on a PPS from a GPS,
look at the next PPS.  It should be 1 second later.  I think the scope I was
using was off by 6 PPM.

I'd expect that there would be a crossover.  For short times, the scope would
be better.  For long times, the better crystal (or external input) in the
5335 would take over.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.