[time-nuts] TruePosition GPS Receiver

Tim Lister listertim at gmail.com
Tue May 9 10:41:23 EDT 2017

My TruePosition GPS board arrived yesterday, it seems to be identical
to the ones Bob has received down to the same manufacturer of the
antistatic sticker over the bag. Given that I had N, BNC and SMA
cables already I had hoped I might be in good shape but apparently not
so I've had to order 3 new and different cables for the SMB antenna,
MCX and MMCX connectors along the edge. My board came with two 4" MMCX
cables using LMR-100A cable for the two right angle connectors J9 and
J10 which both seem to be fed from what looks like a SMD transformer
with a LT1761 regulator on the other side of the board. Is this a 1PPS
output - there seems to be a testpoint (TP93) nearby which could help
diagnose it.

Hopefully once the new cables arrive on Saturday I will be in a
position to help out on the Linux side and compile any beta versions
of new code if that is helpful. Does anyone know of a source for
cables for the J2/serial output or is it OK to use mini-grabbers/0.1"
plugs to a RS232 breakout ?

Tim