[time-nuts] Fwd: HP10811 Oscillator Thermal Fuse

Van Horn, David david.vanhorn at backcountryaccess.com
Thu May 11 19:31:14 EDT 2017

There's an excellent article out there on the web called "Low Voltage, the incompetent ignition source"  I highly recommend a read.
I dealt with a case like this a couple years ago.  Failed fet in an H bridge caused a fault which the brick SMPS picked up as a short, and went into "hiccup" mode on.
The energy delivered in "hiccup" mode was about 1W average, and that was enough, after several hours, to cause ignition and sustained flame on the PCB.