[time-nuts] HP10811 Oscillator Thermal Fuse

Donald E. Pauly trojancowboy at gmail.com
Thu May 11 19:42:00 EDT 2017

https://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2017-May/date.html

These oscillators sold for $800 in 1985 or so.  They are on eBay all
working for $250 or more.  Where are all the ones with blown thermal
fuses for $25?  I want to buy.  It would be interesting to have the HP
warranty data for nuisance blows.  The three reported fire preventions
would have paid for the labor on all of the reported nuisance blows.
This is not to excuse the HP design error of picking a thermal fuse
temperature too close to the operating temperature.  Smoke damage
could do thousands of dollars of damage to a HP5061B or and expensive
microwave instrument.

πθ°μΩω±√·Γλ
WB0KVV