[time-nuts] Surplus Lucent RFTG-m-II units in rack shelf

Iain Young iain at g7iii.net
Fri May 12 04:18:34 EDT 2017

On 12/05/17 07:23, Gregory Beat wrote:

> As noted by Bob Camp, this Lucent pair has a rubidium standard and OCXO.
> Since I posted (15 hours ago), he has sold 18 units.

Think I just grabbed the last one.

Note, judging by the pictures, the 10MHz reference from the Rb is fed
to the GPS receiver, and that outputs 15MHz (presumably disciplined).
The output on the right hand side of the Rb unit looks to be 15MHz.

Also interesting, the splitter appears to have two inputs. I'm guessing
that's two splitters, or more likely for this gear, for fail over,
and only one output is active.

Should be fun to find out. I'm betting more than just me acquired one
on this list. Like Gregory, I'd love to see the good/bad/ugly, both
in Frequency and Time

(It's likely to be two weeks before it arrives here, and I'll not get
chance to play until at least the second half of June, so I bet others
will get there ahead of me)

Iain