[time-nuts] GPS seconds conversion on an Arduino

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon May 15 18:12:10 EDT 2017

Sorry for the email with zero new content.  It was a "mis-click".

Don't bother with a stand-along logic analyzer.   They were designed for
the old days with people built stuff using about a hundred or so 74xxx TTL
chips.    No one does that any more.    Today we use micro controller and
FPGA and only enough small scale logic a needed for glue.  Mostly none at
all.

The features you need, those old analyzers can't do.  You want to do stuff
like de-code the data off a I2C or SPI or serial link and reverse engineer
a protocol.   The old units are useless for this and they have horrible
user interfaces.  the PC based ones are better now.

This is NOT true for oscilloscopes.  Those are better to have the dedicated
unit.   I looked to replace my aging Tektronix 365 and found it was not
worth buying another used scope.  The new ones are THAT much better.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California