[time-nuts] GNSS Disciplined Clock

Ebrahim Roghanizad e.roghanizad at gmail.com
Sat May 27 15:26:45 EDT 2017

Dear Chris

As far as I know, atmospheric effect can not be compensated by looking at
satellites from all over the sky and averaging, since it does not have a
random nature, rather it introduces bias to the solution. For example, if
atmospheric effect is not removed, one can not get a relative position
accuracy of sub-meter in long distances even by employing the method of
RTK. All I said here is about position. Now, I would like to know about the
output of time in this condition. What is the utmost reachable accuracy for
a timing output from a GNSS receiver? I do not mean the precision that
reflects the noise behavior. I think that the best result is obtained when
the receiver supports dual frequency in order be able to deal with
ionospheric delay. Am I right? In that case, is there any GNSS receiver
with this ability?

Thanks a lot

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 10:01 PM, Chris Albertson <albertson.chris at gmail.com