[time-nuts] Next Aug 21 eclipse and time flow

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Mon May 29 08:03:52 EDT 2017

During regular night/day cycles I can just barely observe the night-day
shift in WWV propagation from Colorado to my location near Washington DC,
using the NTP WWV audio refclock. It amounts to a few hundred microseconds
of shift. I last touched that code about 15 years ago.

Now that I have a 10MHz GPS OCXO (well, I've had that for about 15 years
too, getting that was the reason I stopped dinking with the WWV audio
refclock) I wonder if there's some simple hardware I could build that would
let me do superior carrier-phase type measurements on WWV propagation. If I
could see the night-day shift more clearly then I might see an ionospheric
effect during the upcoming August 21 eclipse, which nicely traces a path
from west to east not too far off the line between Ft Collins and my
location.

Tim N3QE

On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 6:17 PM, iovane--- via time-nuts <time-nuts at febo.com