[time-nuts] ublox NEO-M8T improved by insulated chamber?

Ole Petter Ronningen opronningen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 04:47:55 EST 2017

Hi, Jim!

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 3:12 AM, jimlux <jimlux at earthlink.net> wrote:

> http://www.navipedia.net/index.php/Ionospheric_Delay
> has a nice discussion with simple equations to turn TEC into delay, etc.

I've already skimmed this, and it requires a bit more brainpower than I can
muster for what I want to accomplish.. :) BUT! Re-reading it I got to the
page on "Combination of GNSS Measurements" - and the geometry free
combination of L1 and L2 is exactly what I was looking for; some quantity
proportional to TEC that I can correlate with the daily excursions of the
Ublox PPS. So, yeah, thanks! That gave me just what I needed! :) Now to
cobble up a RINEX parser..

> You might also look into seeing if you can put your data in a form to be
> processed by GIPSY at JPL - they have a service where you can upload your
> raw observables and they post process it.

GIPSY solves using PPP, does it not? I already process the data with PPP
from each of the receivers using both the  NRCan online service and locally
using gLAB - using one to "sanity check" the results from the other, but
I'll have another look at GIPSY.

Thanks!