[time-nuts] Favorite counters (current production)?

Tom Knox actast at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 11 13:39:15 EST 2017

The FS740 is interesting. Obviously it has a lot going for it, but what appears to be missing is graphic data display capabilities which would simply be a few line of code. Perhaps I missed something skimming through the manual.

And it appears to be a simple L1 receiver, I myself am looking forward to an instrument with these great user features backed up in an instrument using L1/L2 as well as the other GNSS constellations with carrier phase as well is simply looking at the L1 timing signal. What I also find interesting is the rubidium has the same phase noise spec as their physically impressive stand alone quartz The phase noise is very good compared to LPRO and X72 on the FS725's I have measured  with the 5MHz phase noise meeting their specs but the 10MHz seems consistently about 10dB optimistic.

All and All a real nice instrument that may soon find a place in my lab. Tramsmille has also come out recently with a similar concept but I have not seen any details.

Cheers;

Thomas Knox