[time-nuts] Oscillators and Ovens

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Nov 12 11:31:48 EST 2017

Hi

I would say there are *very* few companies out there that will
sell you high grade  precision OCXO crystals in single piece quantities.
I think  you would get one much quicker and cheaper by pulling it out
of an eBay OCXO. You can do good far removed phase noise with
a lot of crystals. Once you look close in, the performance of the
resonator matters. ADEV is the same issue, longer Tau’s are very
resonator dependent.

Bob