[time-nuts] Jefferts & Campbell recent papers

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Tue Nov 14 19:18:21 EST 2017

> These may be of interest, if the papers have not been circulated here before. — Eric

Links to the cesium and optical clock papers that Eric just mentioned are:

1)
"Cesium Primary Frequency References"
by Steven R. Jefferts, Thomas P. Heavner, Elizabeth A. Donley
  http://tf.boulder.nist.gov/general/pdf/1924.pdf
also at:
  http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.527.4789&rep=rep1&type=pdf

2)
"Ultracold atoms and precise time standards"
by Gretchen K. Campbell, William D. Phillips
  http://rsta.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/369/1953/4078
PDF:
  http://rsta.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/roypta/369/1953/4078.full.pdf

See also this powerpoint presentation by the same:

"Ultracold Atoms and Precise Time Standards"
by William D. Phillips and Gretchen Campbell
  https://www.bipm.org/utils/common/pdf/RoySoc/Bill_Phillips.pdf

----------

And while we're at it, let me repeat these other papers mentioned recently.

3)
"A New Era for Atomic Clocks"
by Laura Ost
  https://phys.org/news/2014-02-era-atomic-clocks.html
  https://www.nist.gov/news-events/news/2014/02/new-era-atomic-clocks

4)
"When should we change the definition of the second?"
by Patrick Gill
  http://rsta.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/369/1953/4109.article-info
PDF at:
  http://rsta.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/roypta/369/1953/4109.full.pdf

5)
"Optical Atomic Clocks"
by Andrew D. Ludlow, Martin M. Boyd, Jun Ye, Ekkehard Peik, Piet O. Schmidt
  https://arxiv.org/abs/1407.3493
PDF at:
  https://arxiv.org/pdf/1407.3493.pdf

Exciting times.

/tvb

These may be of interest, if the papers have not been circulated here before. — Eric