[time-nuts] Interpreting and Understanding Allen Deviation Results

Azelio Boriani azelio.boriani at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 04:10:13 EST 2017

As already stated here, the best measurement mode is the time-interval
mode. The 5335A is a 2ns single-shot resolution counter. Use the PPS
output from the GPSDO, route it to the A (start) input and to a
coaxial cable used as a delay line (10m, 50ns, should be enough). The
other end of the cable into the B input (stop), select the time
interval mode TIME A -> B. Let the internal reference clock the
counter. Set trigger levels and the various parameter to get stable
readings and collect your data.