[time-nuts] Next upgrade

Dana Whitlow k8yumdoober at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 18:59:29 EST 2017

For the most part the SRS-10 is a nice choice, although I'd always be wary
of buying a
used one.

My only real beefs are that the tuning granularity is rather coarse, about
2E-12, and the
disciplining loop seems to be a bit aggressive so that the poor oscillator
gets jerked
around quite a bit by the GPS.  This makes for rather ugly-looking plots of
time error
over time.

The above comments are derived from about 3 years of operating one as a hot
emergency spare at the Arecibo Observatory against the day when the H-maser
crashed abruptly.  In this case the SRS-10 was embedded in an FS725 which we
bought new.

Dana