[time-nuts] Performance verification for time counters

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Wed Nov 29 17:47:55 EST 2017

On Wed, November 29, 2017 3:51 pm, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> While it is tempting and probably easiest to use a DDS style
> generator, I recommend a synthesized one instead, to avoid
> trouble with numeric spurs.

Can you describe the distinction you are making between a synthesized
generator, and a direct-digital synthesized generator?  I do not
understand what would be meant by a synthesizer which is not DDS.

> The HP3336 with its outstanding level-control is a much
> overlooked bargain for this kind of stuff.

I looked for the manual, and it seems to have ROM feeding values to a DAC.
 Is that not DDS?

--
Chris Caudle