[time-nuts] Trimble Mini-T Timing Glitches

Leo Bodnar leo at leobodnar.com
Thu Nov 30 18:05:55 EST 2017

Completely off-topic comment while on the subject:

I can't see how randomly selected 1ms of data can contain unambiguously detectable start of C/A code.
If NAV data bit phase flip occurred within this 1ms of data then correlation search will most probably fail.
Yes, the probability of this is only 5% (assuming equal number of 1s and 0s in NAV message) but still not zero.
Perhaps the quote should have added "carefully chosen 1ms of data"
At the minimum, one would typically select 2ms of sampled data when they are doing a correlation search and then they are guaranteed a full PRN sequence somewhere in there.

Leo