[time-nuts] time-c-b.nist.gov replaces time-c.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov on Oct. 5th

Andreas Ott aott01 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 02:10:20 EDT 2017

This is relevant for operators pointing to NTP servers from NIST, and I saw
this announcement only by chance on

*On October 5th time-c-b.nist.gov <http://time-c-b.nist.gov> (new IP will replace time-c.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov
<http://time-c.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov> (IP which will be
turned off on that date*.

Please update your ntp.conf file on or after October 5th. It appears that
this is a hard cutover on that date as the new server is not yet responding.

Note that there are IP address changes coming for
time-a.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov, time-b.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov and
time-d.boulder.nist.gov, but I can't see the dates for these yet.

I don't know if there is a place where an announcement notice of these
service changes would be published by NIST, if you know one, please reply.
It is not mentioned on the Internet Time Service page.

-andreas (K6OTT)